Swiss EP is a four-year program funded by the Swiss government, based in Ho Chi Minh City, and covers entire Vietnam in order to promote entrepreneurial activities, enhance the readiness of innovative entrepreneurs to start/grow their business as well as to facilitate a supportive ecosystem. Swiss EP focuses on accelerating the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Vietnam. The Program’s vehicle is technical assistance with international short-term experts and national project team. Components include but not limited to mentoring, angel investing, capacity building for ecosystem players and media, and facilitating international and regional connection/collaboration.
Swiss EP supports the strengthening of the entrepreneurship ecosystem and its actors through a variety of interventions to achieve the following objectives:
- Increasing the pool of national mentors and continuously upgrading mentors’ capacities;
- Strengthening the business models (viability and sustainability) of business incubators and accelerators;
- Identifying and supporting business angel networks, funds, and other financial institutions
in exploring investment opportunities among start-ups and small business;
- Raising awareness of the importance of entrepreneurship and its positive contributions to the economy and society (media buzz)
- Enhancing the knowledge, experience, and capacities of women start-ups, investors,
mentors and other women active in the entrepreneurship ecosystem and facilitate for
international networking among them (NexGen Woman Bootcamp);
- Enhancing the knowledge, experience, and capacities of ecosystem organizations, investors and other actors in the ecosystem and facilitate international networking among them (peer-to-peer learning).