SURF 2021, the annual Danang Start-up Exhibition, has been officially organized on 15th November 2021. The Extended Danang Start-up Exhibition – SURF 2021 has officially come back. Taking place within a month (from 15th November 2021 – to 15th December 2021), SURF 2021 hopefully brings participants enormous engaging, interesting activities. Among them are Seminars with the attendance of experts, investors, and potential start-up projects.
These are 3 topics introduced in Seminars at SURF 2021:
- Sharings of success from typical start-up projects
- Build policies and supporting activities, connect innovative start-up networks in Danang
- Promote innovative start-up activities in universities and colleges
1. 1st Seminar: Sharings of success from typical start-up projects
In the seminar, participants will have an opportunity to listen to sharings from successful start-ups in Danang. Those outstanding projects are:
- Vietnam chatbot of Hekate
- Smart AI Center of VBPO
- VrFairs – exhibition support and virtual reality platform
Vietnam chatbot project of Hekate is applied by the People’s Committee in order to promote the image of Danang city. An impressive feature of this application is communication ability with users.
Sharings of Mr. Nguyen Van Minh Duc, CEO at Hekate Technology Technology Joint Stock Company reveal that the support and assistance from the authority in the “Smart city” program is a driving force for innovative start-ups including Hekate to create initiatives that better the city.
To find out more information on start-ups, please visit seminar 1 here.
2. 2nd Seminar: Build policies and supporting activities, connect innovative start-up networks in Danang
The main content at the Seminar “Intellectual Property in Start-up Innovation” includes:
- The role of intellectual property in innovative start-up
Intellectual property rights will create a platform, yet we need to protect and apply it appropriately and wisely.
There is a typical case of Uber. Uber applied copyright protection to its computer program, which means no one can copy. However, setting up a machine like Uber requires thousands of other computer programs. Especially, it can be seen in the Vietnamese market when Uber has withdrawn from the market, but Grab still exists and thrives.
Intellectual property rights is a connection point for innovative start-ups, meaning that it will follow throughout the operation of any business. This will be the basis for businesses to exploit, develop as well as monitor, and protect their business ideas.
- Effectively making use of intellectual property rights in research, establishing rights, developing and commercializing technological products.
Here, we will listen to the sharing from Associate Professor – Doctor Tran Van Nam – Dean of Law Faculty at NEU of how to use intellectual property tools, implement supporting activities, and how to use them effectively in technology research and development.
- Stories of start-ups succeeding in intellectual property.
Thanks to intellectual property, there are successful start-ups such as:
- Graphenel JSC: Graphene super material from animal fat
- Galaxy Biotech JSC: Food preservation bag from membranes
- Dien Bien Company: Nutritional products from brown rice membranes
- Panel discussion on intellectual property in innovative start-ups
In this session, guest speakers will answer participants’ concerns about intellectual property in innovative start-ups.
Participate in seminar 2 here.
3. 3rd Seminar: Promote innovative start-up activities in universities and colleges
Providing human resources is also a necessary investment in promoting innovative start-ups. In recent years, promoting entrepreneurship activities in educational institutions is specially focused on. Typically, the establishment of start-up clubs, competitions, or start-up exhibitions like SURF 2021 creates opportunities for students to have more exposure to the start-up community.
Over these years, The University of Technology and Education has had projects that achieved high prizes in start-up competitions. Outstandingly the air monitoring device to warn of toxic gas explosion Carbon Monoxide entered the final round at Student Start-up Contest 2020. According to the sharing of Mr. Dang Le Thai Phong, it is the enthusiastic support of the school as well as teachers and city leaders that promotes students’ creativity in innovation activities. Expectedly these motivations will be encouraged for a dynamic Danang start-up environment in the community of students.
Participate in seminar 3 here.
The Extended Danang Start-up Exhibition 2021 takes place from 15th November 2021 to 15th December 2021 with the theme “Adapt – Transform – Accelerate”.
Further read relevant articles: