As the biggest annual event catered for the innovative start-up community, National Innovative Entrepreneurship Day – TECHFEST 2021 is organized by the Department of Science & Technology in collaboration with Departments, Sectors, localities and socio-political organizations. In addition to the mission of becoming a convergence of domestic and international resources to support start-ups, the event is a favorable playground to bolster technological initiatives as well as encourage innovation. At the same time, it is particularly a special occasion to promote an image of a dynamic, creative Vietnam start-up ecosystem and ready to welcome cooperation with foreign partners, investors, and start-ups.
TECHFEST 2021 has officially come back, applying the latest technologies to organize a combination of online and offline in order to completely clear barriers of geographical, physical and psychological distance. With the theme “Embracing Innovation – Reshaping The Future”, the event highlights the role of innovation in a fight with the pandemic.
Specific objectives of TECHFEST 2021 include:
- Enhance the role of innovative solutions of innovative start-ups in response to the pandemic, contributing to the economy recovery;
- Attract resources of domestic and foreign experts, intellectuals, entrepreneurs to support Vietnamese innovative start-ups;
- Enhance to form an open innovative mindset solving problems and challenges in the society, context of the pandemic and needs of larger businesses and corporations.
TECHFEST is a program about the start-up community, for the start-up community and by the start-up community. Therefore, running a series of TECHFEST’s activities requires a huge effort as well as joining hands from the community in the implementation of the “National Program to Support Innovative Startup Ecosystem in Vietnam by the year 2025”
Creative points of TECHFEST 2021 lie in the expanded scale and more intensively designed content. Specifically:
- The event lasts from September to December, 2021
- There are more than 50 events including conferences, seminars, investment connections, virtual reality exhibitions, contests, training… of 16 technology villages.
- Monthly activities are: Training, coaching programs, campaigns to support start-ups,…
Furthermore, the Organizing Committee has launched the National Innovation Talent Competition with the goal of supporting Vietnamese start-ups to solve difficulties in the transformation of the new normal context. There are 50 overseas compatriots as mentors accompanying the competition. This is the result of active cooperation between the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in attracting overseas intellectual business resources to contribute to the development of the homeland.
TECHFEST 2021 is reunited by domestic and foreign start-ups, supporting units, experts, investors in the field of technology and relevant aspects in innovative start-ups. Organized amidst the complex situation in which start-ups need to seize the chance to grow, the event aims to connect Vietnam closer to international partners, honor Vietnamese wisdom and spirit, advance the strength of great national unity, gradually constructing Vietnam to be more sustainable and richer.
Within the time from 14th December, 2021 to 16th December 2021, the Extended Danang Start-up Exhibition – SURF 2021 will organize a training program for 10 potential start-up projects representing Danang to compete at the final round of TECHFEST 2021.
Further read articles about the training program: