On October 15, 2019, DNES – DaNang Incubator announced 20 best projects out of 50 applications at SURF Pitching Competition 2019. The teams will enter the semi-finals from the October 15th – October 19th to compete together, participate in the SURF Pitching Competition 2019 finale.
SURF Pitching Competition 2019 – The largest startup presentation contest in the Central region is back this year. SURF Pitching Competition is a place where startup projects can connect and seek investment opportunities, business cooperation opportunities and talented personnel for the projects participating in the competition.
SURF Pitching Competition 2019 belongs to SURF 2019 – Start-up and Innovation Festival, gathering together startup projects, investors, entrepreneurs, partners and organizations supporting domestic and foreign startups. . Participants are start-ups not exceeding five years from the date of establishment; startup projects, business ideas and solutions already have a prototype. There is no limitation on the geographical position of teams participating.
Coming to this year’s competition, the SURF Pitching Competition 2019 gathers together startup projects from various fields from information technology, blockchain, tourism or biological products, … evaluated with investment and regulations. The quality is much better than previous years. There are some startup projects that have been launched and brought revenue to the company.
In the semi-finals, each team had 10 minutes to present the project, of which 5 minutes to present ideas, products, and 5 minutes to answer questions posed by the judges. 06 teams with outstanding performances will advance to the SURF Pitching Competition 2019.
List of teams competing in the SURF Pitching 2019 semifinals:
- Agridential.vn – Product traceability solution based on Blockchain technology.
- Botstar – A platform for automate conversations and represent businesses that interact with potential customers or existing customers.
- Cashbag – The shopping refund application for every consumer transaction on e-commerce sites.
- Elinkgate remote computer control solution – One-touch information technology platform, remote control of computer / server bios-level to help IT and professionals can access anywhere using the Internet.
- Liberzy.com travel social network – The travel social network has specialized tools for travelers. Liberzy offers features for travelers that meet all three phases before, during and after the trip.
- Messnow – Chatbox for business – Automatic chatbox for businesses for customer service
- MultiGlass – Smart communication device includes 3 main technology platforms: wireless technology (Wireless technology), iris recognition technology (Iris recognition) and artificial intelligence.
- VNLP – Natural language processing for Vietnamese
- Honey made from leaves – Supplying fresh honey products from leaves, tested according to export standards and developing beekeeping for honey in mountainous districts of Quang Ngai province, contributing to protecting the ecological environment cutting and poverty reduction for people here.
- Easy Salon – Salon / spa-specific solution that integrates many functions such as sales, customer care, payroll / commissions for employees.
- Hoa Man Vy Natural Cosmetics – Natural cosmetics from waste such as coffee grounds, grapefruit peel with cultural, environmental and humanistic messages.
- VTJ – English teacher employment – A place to solve the problem of recruiting foreign teachers for schools, English centers. A place for foreigners seeking their favorite work environment.
- IamHCMC – A modern and reliable destination guide app for tourists and locals.
- Advosights – A system that measures the level of influence and spread of user information on social networks.
- Rentonride – Motorbike rental application by creating an e-commerce “marketplace” that helps connect Vietnamese tenants and Western tourists.
- Application of virtual reality technology to build training systems for cardiopulmonary resuscitation – The application of the system is a combination of 3D virtual reality simulation based on sensors in real-time models. Help users enhance the interaction and feel the changes from those impacts.
- Bitlearn – Online training for businesses.
- Tradeline Vietnam – Connecting businesses and businesses, businesses and consumers. Allow all users wishing to build houses, repair construction of major projects. Make estimates, estimates, smart buying estimates.
- Grubity Kitchen – A culinary experience space from which children become knowledgeable about different cuisines, skillful cooking and experience accumulation.
- Snap.vn – The platform of photography industry, which lists all studios in provinces and cities, provides a comparative assessment of photographers to connect users and photographers, creating an e-commerce website and provide photographic packages for corporate customers.
With the participation of prestigious jury members in the startup community in Da Nang and around the world. Alan El Kadhi, Australian expert on entrepreneurship and Tran Tri Dung – Swiss EP expert, are two of the judges of the semi-final round. The final round was honored with the participation of Mr. Peter Vesterbacka, technology billionaire, Founder of SLUSH – the world’s leading startup and technology event, and Ms. Jan Lederman – venture capital expert.
Participating in the contest, the winning team has the opportunity to receive prizes including 50,000,000 VND in cash, 60,000,000 VND Co-working Space Credit at DNES sites (for up to 5 people within 1 year, calculated from November 1, 2019 to November 1, 2020) and VND 115,000,000 (US $ 5,000) Amazon Web Service Credit. Second Prize with 30,000,000 VND, Third Prize 15,000,000 VND and other prizes from sponsors. Second Prize with 30,000,000 VND, Third Prize 15,000,000 VND and other prizes from sponsors. And the opportunity to receive 3-day training from startup professionals with Bootcamp activities for all startups that pass the semi-finals.
With the success of SURF from previous seasons in general, and the SURF Pitching Competition in particular, this will be the only rare opportunity of the year for startups to bring their best to investors and customers. potential.